Thursday, January 3, 2008

December 1, 2007

The beet thing got me to thinking about how I want to tell the world to stop eating sugar. Not as in sugar beets, just sugar and any sugar-like substance. Honey, syrup, corn syrup...it's all the same. I cut it out completely, well 99.9% completely, about 6 months ago and the weight immediately started coming off. I exercise, but it really doesn't matter, because stopping the sugar made the biggest difference. You can exercise 24/7, but if you don't cut out the empty carbs, you aren't going to lose the pounds. After the sugar I stopped the bread and all processed flour products. That stuff is the same as eating sugar. We all know that by now I think. I don't really want to say how much weight I've lost, but it's a bunch. Well, you've got to replace that stuff with something else. Like beets. Raw veggies. After about a month (remember the 30 day deal) you stop craving sugar and bread. You just don't care about it any more. At first you'll think your life without sugar or bread won't be worth a damn. But after a while that changes and you'll be indifferent about them. When you eat the occasional obligatory piece of birthday cake, it won't send you into a feeding frenzy.
Sugar...bad. Beets...mmm...good.