Thursday, January 3, 2008

December 9, 2007

For some reason I'm just not in the mood to decorate for Christmas. And let me just say that, for the record, it is Christmas, not the politically correct "holidays." Anyway, just not in the mood. And it's not like I'm in a "bah humbug" mood or anything. I'm actually fired up about Christmas. I have 99% of my shopping completed, there are lots of nice parties scheduled and I'm looking forward to them, I'm taking some time off and UT is going to the holiday bowl in San Diego and we're going.

I think it's the heat. As I said before, there is something about cold weather that gets me jazzed about Christmas. Even though I know we're not going to have a white Christmas, cold weather gets us that much closer to it. Cool Thanksgiving weather sets the stage and this year it was cold. But then a few short days pass and now it's like spring or early summer here. It's windless, warm and balmy. And even though it was at least warm and balmy where baby Jesus was born, here it's supposed to be cold. There's something wrong with wearing cropped pants and a t-shirt to go buy the Christmas tree (and just for the record, it ain't no holiday tree).

I think it's supposed to get cool tomorrow. That's when I'm going to get my ornaments out of storage. Until then...the Christmas tree sits and waits.